Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Yummmmmy Jam


My family absolutely loves raspberry jam...especially when it is homemade. I made four batches using the Sure Jell cooked jam recipe. I did decrease the sugar by 1 cup since we like our jam a little less sweet tasting. Also we like our jam on the thicker side with little clumps of berries so i do not crush the berries much prior to cooking. In my experience when they cook they break apart some anyways. Two of the batches of jam are actually huckleberry raspberry. MMMMM it is tasty! Huckleberries are delish in so many things, but they take awhile to pick. When you take a bite of this jam on toast..it makes it all worth while.

I also made Huckleberry Raspberry syrup! I absolutely love this syrup on my pancakes and waffles!

No comments:

Post a Comment