Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A nice reminder



I wanted to share this story because i have a feeling i am not the only one that feels defeated or down and out from time to time. My husband and I were talking last night and feeling down because we had set our minds to the goal of building a house this year for our family of four. We have steadily over time outgrown the house we are in now and it is so filled with things..the walls feel like they are closing in on me! The entry room is filled with toys that are my daughter Sophies since it is basically her play room. The time seemed right financially to build a house with the interest rates. You should know that Jared and I are very concerned about building more than we need or taking out any type of loan that doesn't leave much wiggle room or actual availability to not be house poor..we want to be able to have our kids in activities..and do dinner out or trips occasionally. We have been SO stressed about it the last few months and after talking with a few builders..are even more so now.
Last night after dinner and putting the kids to bed, Jared and I were talking about waiting and what if we build next year instead and hope interest rates are still low. I was feeling a little down and sad about the thought of "what if it doesn't happen". I turned my thoughts around and just said.."it will happen when it happens and we just have to keep working towards it". I then told Jared about some of the things that happened through out the day. Sophie has decided it is so much fun to climb and get a hold of all the things i basically don't want her touching and playing with. One of the items that she got a hold of is a little frame with the saying "Give Thanks" on the glass. I picked it up at a thrift store about a year ago for a dollar. Unfortunately in her playing with it yesterday...she had broken off the part that holds the frame up. I was not happy about it but set on fixing it instead of throwing it away..since i did like the saying it had on it and needed the reminder often. I pull off the back of the frame to see if i could staple or glue on the part that steadies the frame....and found a $10.
Jared and I looked at each other and just kind of laughed...and said back and forth to each other "why is it in there"..."do you think it was a gift and someone never opened the back"...maybe its a "pay it forward" kind of thing. I know for Jared it was any one of those things to him...something just silly or a gift, but for me it felt like something more. It was not about the $10 bill i found...it was about the message of being grateful..thinking about what you do have to give thanks for..and Gods way of putting a hand on my shoulder to brighten my mood and keep things in perspective and not dwell on what may be around the corner..but be excited to go and see. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment